You know that big chunky Martha Stewart Crafts Mambo yarn that you always want to buy but have no idea what you would do with it? Well, I figured out at least one idea--a very quick and easy chunky necklace with a removable fabric flower brooch! Add a customizable flower button from Epiphany Crafts, and you'll have a perfect gift for mom this Mother's Day!
How to make a fabric flower brooch:
1. Cut three strips of fabric in the following sizes: 4"x16", 3"x11", and 2"x7".
2. Fold each piece in half and stitch across the bottom.
3. Gather fabric to create a rosette, securing with a stitch at the end. Glue or stitch the ends of the rosette together. Repeat with each piece of fabric.
4. Stack the rosettes together and stitch together at the center. Add an Epiphany Crafts Button Studio Flower to the center of the rosette.
5. Stitch a large basting pin to the back of the rosette. Attach a small felt circle with fabric glue. (I used Fabri-Tac)
6. To make the necklace, twist and wrap an entire skein of Mambo yarn (5 yards) to your desired length. Slightly overlap the ends and whip stitch together with white thread. Attach the brooch and you're done!
Epiphany Crafts Supplies:
Epiphany Crafts Button Studio Tool Flower 20
Epiphany Crafts Button Studio Accessories Button Flower 20
Martha Stewart mambo yarn in flamingo
Brass basting pin
White cotton thread
Happy crafting to you!